Friday 23 December 2011

The Wise Woman's Stone


A wise woman who was travelling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveller who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveller saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveller left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."



1WiseWoman2Few

4 comments:

  1. Yes... wisdom and inner peace are our truest treasures ~ OM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed they are . . many thanks for commenting Cathy, lovely to see you here again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi TNT . . did you have a very merry Christmas? I see you're back to writing amazing blog posts again after a bit of time out ;-)

    ReplyDelete